Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Illinois Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 IL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Ameya Pawar (1) Illinois Democratic candidate for Governor
- Bruce Rauner (5) Illinois Republican Governor
- Chris Kennedy (1) Illinois Democratic candidate for Governor
- Daniel Biss (20) Illinois Democratic candidate for Governor
- J.B. Pritzker (15) Illinois Democratic candidate for Illinois Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Illinois 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Better Government Association Fact-check: "Will new Illinois law create sanctuaries?", by Matt Dietrich, Aug. 28, 2017
- Chicago Tribune, "Pawar wants to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day," Aug. 24, 2017
- The Advocate, 'Fa**ot' tweets bring down aide to Illinois Gov, by Trudy Ring, July 17 2017
- Peoria Journal Star, "Pritzker pledges downstate revitalization," by Chris Kaergard, July 13, 2017
- The Chicago Citizen, "Candidate JB Pritzker," by Christopher Shuttlesworth, May 24, 2017
- Politico, "Abortion politics trip up blue-state GOP governor," by Natasha Korecki, 5/5/2017
- Capitolfax.com, "Kennedy vs. Pritzker on legalizing marijuana," May 1, 2017
- The Chicago Defender, "Illinois Governor's Race," by Mary L. Datcher, April 27, 2017
- Illinois Times, "Pritzker takes strong stand on abortion rights," by Alex Camp, 4/27/17
- Chicago Tribune, "Biss announces Democratic bid for governor," by Rick Pearson, 3/20/17
- Quad City Times, "Rauner signs Future Energy Jobs bill," Dec. 7, 2016
- Newton Daily News, "Illinois law will tackle gun trafficking," Aug. 24, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Daniel Biss: Protect the right to choose.
Bruce Rauner: Pro-choice Republican torn if Roe overturned.
J.B. Pritzker: Undo restrictions to preserve women's reproductive rights.
Daniel Biss: Criticized governor for attempt to ban abortion.
Daniel Biss: Protect GLBT by updating laws.
Ameya Pawar: Rename Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day.
Bruce Rauner: Accepts gay marriage as settled.
Daniel Biss: The rich have set up a system that benefits them.
J.B. Pritzker: Raise corporate tax for education.
Daniel Biss: Rehabilitation rather than punishment.
J.B. Pritzker: Against death penalty; rectify wrongful convictions.
J.B. Pritzker: Erase juvenile criminal records for adults.
Daniel Biss: Legalize marijuana.
Chris Kennedy: Don't count on marijuana getting legalized.
J.B. Pritzker: Legalize and tax marijuana.
J.B. Pritzker: Increase state funding for public schools.
J.B. Pritzker: Invest in higher education to attract jobs & businesses.
Energy & Oil|
Daniel Biss: Fully renewable energy.
Bruce Rauner: Green energy part of future mix.
Daniel Biss: Spent his time as a legislator protecting our environment.
Families & Children|
J.B. Pritzker: Public/private partnership must invest in poor kids.
Daniel Biss: Political system favors billionaires & machine politicians.
Daniel Biss: Support sensible gun laws.
Bruce Rauner: Crack down on out of state gun traffickers.
J.B. Pritzker: Supports 2nd Amendment AND the fight for gun safety.
Daniel Biss: Medicare for all.
J.B. Pritzker: Irresponsible to not fully fund Medicaid.
Daniel Biss: Criticized governor for attempt to repeal ObamaCare.
Daniel Biss: Protect undocumented immigrants.
Bruce Rauner: State won't help or impede immigration enforcement.
Daniel Biss: Criticized governor for attempt to curb immigration.
Daniel Biss: Raise the minimum wage to $15.
J.B. Pritzker: Private initiatives can create new jobs.
J.B. Pritzker: State & local business share vocational training.
J.B. Pritzker: Uphold unions and living wage.
Principles & Values|
J.B. Pritzker: Who needs another rich guy running for office?
Daniel Biss: Took on the political machine & won with creative solutions.
Daniel Biss: Help give retirement security to millions of workers.
Daniel Biss: Alter public employee pensions to reduce state pension debt.
J.B. Pritzker: Illinois needs progressive income tax.
Daniel Biss: Initiate a state graduated income tax.
Daniel Biss: PhD from MIT; math professor at U. Chicago.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ameya Pawar Illinois Democratic candidate for Governor
- Bruce Rauner Illinois Republican Governor
- Chris Kennedy Illinois Democratic candidate for Governor
- Daniel Biss Illinois Democratic candidate for Governor
- J.B. Pritzker Illinois Democratic candidate for Illinois Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Illinois Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)