Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Arizona Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 AZ Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- David Garcia (26) Arizona Democratic candidate for Governor
- Deedra Abboud (5) Democratic candidate for Arizona U.S. Senate Arizona
- Doug Ducey (7) Arizona Republican Governor
- Steve Farley (7) Arizona Democratic candidate for Arizona Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Arizona 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Boston Globe, "Kochs rally donors," by Annie Linskey, Jan. 29, 2018
- Green Valley News, "Not many differences as Democratic candidates square off," by Dan Shearer, Nov 18, 2017
- Arizona Daily Sun, "Candidates stop in Flagstaff to talk education," by Suzanne Adams-Ockrassa, Nov 4, 2017
- The Fountain Hills Times, "Gubernatorial candidate addresses Liberal Ladies," Sep 20, 2017
- The Arizona Republic (AZCentral.com), "Candidates dis Gov. Doug Ducey at first forum," by Yvonne Wingett Sanchez, Aug. 19, 2017
- Phoenix New Times, "Garcia Couldn't Beat Diane Douglas," by Ray Stern, April 13, 2017
- The Arizona Republic, "Why I'm Reaching Out to Mexico," Op-Ed by Doug Ducey, July 4, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
David Garcia: I'll veto anti-abortion bills.
David Garcia: Public funding for Planned Parenthood.
Doug Ducey: Employer-denied contraceptives: a win for religious freedom.
Deedra Abboud: Keep women's reproductive health services in ObamaCare.
Budget & Economy|
David Garcia: 15-county strategy to invest in Arizona businesses.
David Garcia: No discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Steve Farley: Take down racist Confederate statues.
Deedra Abboud: Equal pay for equal work, and paid sick leave.
David Garcia: Prisons are costly substitute for mental health treatment.
David Garcia: Decriminalize marijuana use & possession.
Steve Farley: Treat addicted cons to reduce crime.
David Garcia: Make community college tuition-free for in-state students.
David Garcia: Expand Prop 301: sales tax for $500M for public schools.
David Garcia: Vouchers are unaccountable & discriminatory.
Doug Ducey: Cut college funding by $99 million in 2015.
Doug Ducey: Push for education savings accounts on November ballot.
Steve Farley: Voucher program hurts public schools.
David Garcia: Expert edu-scholar in education research and policy.
David Garcia: Vouchers hurt public schools.
Energy & Oil|
David Garcia: Climate change is a real & urgent threat.
David Garcia: Make solar a priority.
Steve Farley: Navajo solar grid a model for the state.
Families & Children|
Doug Ducey: I support traditional marriage, but let gay couples adopt.
David Garcia: Rebuild relationship with Mexico.
David Garcia: Takes no money from lobbyists or corporate PACs.
David Garcia: Supports automatic voter registration.
David Garcia: Right to vote--and to have your vote counted--is sacred.
David Garcia: Universal background checks; ban assault weapons.
Doug Ducey: Revoke firearm permits if convicted of violent offense.
David Garcia: Support ACA; move toward Medicare-for-All.
Doug Ducey: Medicaid only for destitute & disabled; not middle-class.
David Garcia: Single payer may be way to go.
Steve Farley: Would go for single payer.
Deedra Abboud: Don't repeal, but improve ObamaCare.
David Garcia: Trained as a nuclear/bio/chemical warfare specialist.
David Garcia: In-state tuition and driver's licenses for DREAMers.
Deedra Abboud: Banning refugees morally unacceptable.
David Garcia: Raise the minimum wage.
Doug Ducey: Raising local minimum wage brings California-style chaos.
Principles & Values|
Deedra Abboud: Keep church and state separate.
David Garcia: Arizona has one of the most regressive tax systems.
David Garcia: Raise taxes on wealthy to support schools.
Steve Farley: Wealthy should pay more for schools.
David Garcia: Repeal of net neutrality jeopardizes economic growth.
Steve Farley: Investment in transportation, which creates jobs.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- David Garcia Arizona Democratic candidate for Governor
- Deedra Abboud Democratic candidate for Arizona U.S. Senate Arizona
- Doug Ducey Arizona Republican Governor
- Steve Farley Arizona Democratic candidate for Arizona Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Arizona Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)