Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2011 OnTheIssues interview with Green Party candidate for President, Dr. Jill Stein, M.D.
Click here for 18 full quotes from Jill Stein in the book 2011 OnTheIssues interview with Jill Stein.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Dr. Jill Stein is the Green Party nominee for President of the United States in 2012.
She ran as the Green Party nominee for Governor of Massachusetts in 2002 and 2010 prior to entering the Presidential race.
Dr. Stein is a medical doctor who resides in Lexington Massachusetts.
This interview, which took place on Dec. 21, 2012, addresses our usual VoteMatch quiz plus the AmericansElect.org questions.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Economy that is not fully inclusive is inherently unstable.
Death penalty is ineffective, and also barbaric.
Mandatory sentencing: ineffective & racially discriminatory.
Marijuana is dangerous because it's illegal, not vice-versa.
Opposes teacher-led prayer in public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Nuclear energy is dirty, dangerous and expensive.
Families & Children|
Family planning is 1st principle of reproductive healthcare.
PACs connect campaigns with rich donors, & disconnect public.
Gun at home more likely to cause injury than to defend home.
PATRIOT Act is a flagrant violation of 4th Amendment.
Repeal National Defense Authorization; keep right to trial.
Cut military 50%; spend that $500B on economy.
Social Security is not in crisis; and it's not a handout.
Incomes rise for wealthiest 1% but their taxes have fallen.
War & Peace|
We never should have been in Iraq; we're still not out.
We should not be in Afghanistan; no military solution.
Humanitarian aims in Libya ok; but not regime change.
Welfare & Poverty|
Don't prevent church-based welfare, but not as substitute.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jill Stein
The above quotations are from 2011 OnTheIssues interview with Green Party candidate for President, Dr. Jill Stein, M.D..
- CNN Arizona debate (Feb. 22, 2012)
- CNN Florida debate (Jan. 26, 2012)
- CNN South Carolina debate (Jan. 19, 2012)
- Fox News South Carolina debate (Jan. 16, 2012)
- Meet the Press New Hampshire debate (Jan. 8, 2012)
- WMUR-New Hampshire debate (Jan. 7, 2012)
- Yahoo's "Your Voice Your Vote" debate (Dec. 10, 2011)
- CNN National Security debate (Nov. 22, 2011)
- S.C. foreign policy Debate (Nov. 12, 2011)
- Your-Money-Your-Vote Debate (Nov. 9, 2011)
- Cain vs. Gingirch head-to-head (Nov. 5, 2011)
- Las Vegas debate (Oct. 18, 2011)
- Dartmouth N.H. debate (Oct. 11, 2011)
- Orlando Google debate (Sept. 22, 2011)
- Tea Party debate (Sept. 12, 2011)
- American Jobs Act debate (Sept. 8, 2011)
- Reagan Library debate (Sept. 7, 2011)
- Iowa Straw Poll debate (Aug. 11, 2011)
- Twitter debate (July 21, 2011)
- St. Anselm NH debate (June 13, 2011)
- Faith & Freedom Conference (June 4, 2011)
- South Carolina debate (May 5, 2011)
- NRA Conference (May 1, 2011)
- CPAC Conference (Feb. 10, 2011)
- "The Hannity Primary" (Interviews 2011-2012)
- Interview with Green Party's Jill Stein (Dec. 21, 2011)